8 Vital Health Advice for Women Over 30’s
Catagory: Gyneacology Author: Dr E Reshma Reddy
It’s not that women like putting themselves last. It becomes challenging to find time for even the easiest tasks, like drinking lemon and honey water every morning. Self-centeredness makes women feel guilty. That is the direction that social conditioning pushes. But times have evolved. Today’s women are more conscious of their health, which prompts them to act quickly when a health risk arises. To prevent health problems later in life, it is recommended for women over the age of 30 to make healthy living a regular practice.
Reshma Reddy offers eight crucial health advice that any woman over 30 should take note of
Warnings for your health
According to Dr. E Reshma Reddy, Obstetrics and Gynaecologist at Ankura Hospitals, Tirupati. Precautions regarding nutrition and health, as well as keeping an eye out for hypertension, are some of the most crucial advice. A woman over the age of 30 has to be cautious about any of the problems mentioned below and should contact her doctor right away if she notices anything unusual. Therefore, as a woman over 30, you need to use caution with: These are a few of the significant health precautions that a woman over 30 should be aware of and equipped to handle.
- Vaginal infections: Most women get urinary tract infections, so after you reach your 30s, you should focus more on maintaining good vaginal hygiene.
- Unwanted conceptions: Choose a birth control technique that works for both you and your partner to prevent accidental pregnancy.
- Hormonal imbalances: The body’s hormonal imbalances are the primary cause of a number of ailments.
- Obesity: Healthy weight management is crucial to warding off a number of diseases.
- New growths anywhere on the body: Any new growth on the body requires a medical examination and should not be disregarded.
- Blood sugar levels: Keeping an eye on your sugar levels with regular screenings can prevent diabetes and its effects.
Measures for your diet
In addition to health precautions, women over 30 should make the required dietary changes. She has to make sure her diet contains the following: Additionally, make it a point to incorporate additional iron, isoflavone, and critical vitamin supplements to the diet. The lady begins to develop osteoporosis or a decrease of bone density when she enters her thirties. Therefore, it’s crucial that she also consumes iron and calcium supplements.
- Proteins: Proteins serve as the basis for our body’s cells and are crucial for healthy hair and nails.
- Calcium: Calcium is essential for strong bones. Additionally, calcium supports healthy muscles, nerves, and blood clotting.
- Vitamin D: Even though we get the majority of our vitamin D from the sun, it is still recommended to be tested for a deficiency.
- Iron: Anaemia or low hemoglobin levels are another issue to look out for in women, not only those over 30 but generally throughout their lives. Hemoglobin levels in Indian women often tend to be low, and as they become older, they tend to go even lower. Therefore, it is essential for them to consume a diet high in iron, such as spinach, pomegranate, and broccoli, among other foods, along with iron supplements to meet their body’s needs for iron.
- They also need to consume a diet low in carbohydrates
- Limit their intake of fats
- Include soya bean and its derivatives, and
- Occasionally eat nuts like almonds and walnuts.
Another thing to look out for in women over 30 is hypertension or high BP. Therefore, it is advised to have frequent blood pressure checks, minimise salt consumption in your diet, and avoid processed foods like chips if there is a family history of hypertension. Make sure you live a healthy lifestyle and implement the suggested modifications.
In addition to leading a healthy lifestyle, it’s crucial to have regular medical exams. Once a year should be set aside for routine check-ups. You may choose a day of the year, like your birthday, and schedule a medical checkup on that day.
To be healthy, you should keep moving and create an exercise regimen that works for you. Pick an activity you like doing, such as swimming, dancing, aerobics, or running, and try out several training styles. Your weight-loss objectives should be managed with a daily brisk walk, the occasional game of tennis, strength training, and a cardio exercise.
Symptoms to pay attention to include
You should see a doctor if you develop any of the following symptoms in addition to all the measures you are taking: Even while these symptoms may not be immediately life-threatening, medical attention is nevertheless necessary to rule out any sickness. Yet more reason for you to schedule routine medical exams!
- Irregular Bleeding
- Painful Menstruation
- Abdominal Distension
- A Fast Loss or Increase of Weight
- Extreme Thirst
- Frequent Urination
- Pounding Headache
When it comes to mammography, Dr. E Reshma Reddy, Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Ankura Hospitals says that women over 30 should get it because it aids in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women. Mammography is a specialised medical imaging procedure that uses a low-dose X-ray to see inside the breasts. She also emphasised the need for routine Pap tests after you become 40.
Take good care of your Skin
The largest organ in our body. If your skin has been perfect and gorgeous up until this point, it will undoubtedly alter as you reach your 30s. This is due to the fact that the generation of new cells is now occurring more slowly than it did before. Change your skincare routine by using sunscreen whenever you are outside and going to bed immediately after taking off your makeup.